I am Thomas Wood, a Freelance Data Scientist for hire in the United Kingdom.
You can read my full CV here: Freelance Data Scientist UK Thomas Wood.
I offer freelance data science, machine learning and data strategy consulting, as well as technical due diligence, specialising in NLP, healthcare and pharma, through my UK company Fast Data Science.
I am available for worldwide and UK based freelance data science consulting engagements, but not permanent roles. Whether you need a few hours of strategy consulting or several months of a machine learning project, please get in touch with me.
I am certified by Microsoft as an Azure Data Scientist Associate.
Problems I handle: Freelance Data Scientist UK
- Do you have millions of customers or website users?
- Do you need to predict complex behaviour on a user by user basis?
- Anticipate customer churn before it happens?
- Purchasing patterns?
- Product recommendations?
- How can you extract value from a huge database of text data, without writing manual rules?
Why not hire a UK freelance data scientist for your business problem?
I have more than 10 years of experience in machine learning and working as a freelance data scientist in the UK and abroad, more recently in deep learning.
My speciality is large amounts of unstructured text data (product descriptions, customer profile texts, etc). I also work with image data.
Through my company Fast Data Science Ltd, I can provide various services from consulting to complete production-ready deployment of machine learning solutions. References available on request.
About UK Freelance Data Scientist Thomas Wood
I originally studied Physics to Masters level at the University of Durham, UK, before completing a second Masters in Computer Speech, Text and Internet Technology at the University of Cambridge in 2008.
Since leaving university, I have been working in machine learning and natural language processing across a number of industries including healthcare, pharmaceuticals, and recruitment.
- More than 10 years’ experience in Data Science and 5 years’ experience as a Freelance Data Scientist in the UK.
- Experience in running machine learning projects with complex requirements and international teams of developers.
- Delivery of machine learning solutions from inception to deployment.
- Expertise in two major areas of AI: Computer Vision and Natural Language Processing.
- NLP: spoken and written dialogue systems, information retrieval, document classification.
- Image processing: convolutional neural networks.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms (linear regression, naïve Bayes, neural networks etc) and with the corresponding software suites (TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, Weka, etc).
- Research, development, architecture, pre-sales, consulting for internal and external clients.
- Good command of Python, Java, C++, Groovy, BigQuery, DataBricks, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, R.
- Data visualisation and presentation: Google Charts, PowerPoint, Word.
- International experience: several years in Spain and Germany and fluent command of several European languages (🇪🇸 🇩🇪 🇫🇷).
© 2021 Thomas Wood, Freelance Data Scientist UK